In light of the recent coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic and recommendations for social distancing, many people are stocking their homes with all the supplies they might need to disinfect, per recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and to make their home life a little more comfortable.
But household essentials—as well as fitness products and canned goods—are selling out at many online retailers. From hand sanitizer to toilet paper to thermometers, these products can help you and those you live with feel prepared during a self-quarantine or if anyone gets sick.
We’ve rounded up 10 of the most in demand household products to have during the coronavirus outbreak and where to get them before they sell out. Because of increased demand, there may be shipping delays, but we’ll be covering the products most likely to get to you the fastest. We’ll also be continuing to update this list as supplies dwindle and restocks, so be sure to check back often.
1. Hand sanitizer and wipes
But these items are selling out fast (seriously, you may even have to go in-store to grab them), so we definitely suggest you grab them as soon as possible. Or, you could just make your own, especially since the World Health Organization (WHO) just put together this do-it-yourself guide to creating your own sanitizer. Word of caution though—their step-by-step instructions do require 96% ethyl alcohol.
- Get the Purell Instant Hand Sanitizer Jelly Wrap at Office Depot for $1.59 (in-store pickup only)
- Get the Purell Advanced Instant Hand Sanitizer at Office Depot for $1.99 (in-store pickup only)
- Get the Highmark Original Hand Sanitizer at Office Depot for $2.49 (in-store pickup only)
- Get the Welly First Aid Hand Sanitizer Replenishment Pack at Target for $3.99
2. Hand soap
- Get the Aesop Hand Wash Soap at Walmart for $36.99
- Get the Softsoap Aquarium Liquid Hand Soap Refill at Office Depot for $8.29
- Get the Raw Sugar Foaming Hand Wash at Target for $3.99
- Get the Seventh Generation Natural Hand Wash at Staples for $4.66
3. Toilet Paper
- Get the Angel Soft Toilet Paper, 36 Mega Rolls at Walmart for $30.19
- Get the Scott Rapid-Dissolving Toilet Paper, 4 Rolls at Walmart for $2.97
- Get the Cottonelle FreshCare Flushable Wipes, 168 Wipes at Walmart for $6.98
- Get the Marcal Pro Premium 2-Ply Bathroom Tissue at Office Depot for $35.61
4. Paper Towels
But the fact that paper towels are disposable actually could make them beneficial to have, particularly in homes where there’s already someone impacted by coronavirus. The CDC recommends paper towel usage for cleaning and disinfecting homes, which makes them good to have around, just in case.
- Get the Bounty Select-A-Size 2-Ply Paper Towels, 8 Giant Rolls at Office Depot for $15.19
- Get the Highmark 3-Ply Tear-A-Size Kitchen Paper Towels, 8 Rolls at Office Depot for $9.49
- Get the Coastwide Professional Choose-Your-Size Kitchen Rolls Paper Towel, 15 Rolls at Staples for $19.79
- Get the Coastwide Professional Jumbo Kitchen Rolls Paper Towels at Staples for $50.99
- Get the Boardwalk White Universal Paper Towels at Target for $31.99
5. Cleaning wipes
Continue reading at USATODAY.com